It’s a big day for primaries. A number of states are holding elections, including Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, and Minnesota. Texas is holding runoffs from the previous primary in March.
Here are some of the biggest races to watch:
- In Georgia, Senate candidate Herschel Walker is looking to secure his spot as the opponent of Sen. Raphael Warnock in November. Walker is currently 58 points ahead of his nearest opponent, according to the latest Trafalgar poll, so he’s well on his way to success.
- In Alabama’s Senate race, a former chief of staff for retiring Sen. Richard Shelby, Katie Britt, is leading in the polls by eight points over Rep. Mo Brooks, and 13 points over Mike Durant.
- In Minnesota, Jeremy Munson, a state representative endorsed by Sens. Rand Paul and Ted Cruz is running for the opportunity to fill the empty seat that belonged to the recently deceased Rep. Jim Hagedorn. Hagedorn’s wife, Jennifer Carnahan is also running for the sate, as well as former state representative Brad Finstad.
- In Texas, some big primary races are going into runoffs after their initial votes in March. The most important Republican primary is for Attorney General. The race is between Bush family scion George P. Bush, and incumbent AG Ken Paxton.
No matter what happens in the races, perhaps the most important thing Americans can watch tonight is the enthusiasm and turnout of voters. There have already been big gains for the GOP in voter turnout in 2022 midterm primaries versus those in 2018. If that trend continues, it could send a strong signal about what America can expect from the midterm elections in November.
Action Line: If you haven’t already, start researching candidates in your own state. Make sure you’re voting your principles, and be prepared for November. Until then, stick with me by clicking here to subscribe to my free monthly Survive & Thrive letter.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- “Wow, That Was an Obvious Buying Opportunity” - October 4, 2023
- “Doctor, What Are You Doing?” “Nothing,” He Said - October 3, 2023
- Bidenflation Making It Harder to Retire - October 3, 2023
- Will Illinois Gun Owners Register Their Firearms? - October 3, 2023
- “Oh, This Is Prime Real Estate,” They Say - October 2, 2023