This week President Trump signed an executive order directing federal agencies to identify the threats posed by an electromagnetic pulse (EMP)—believed to be potentially dangerous to critical infrastructure like the electric grid (understatement to be kind)—and find ways to guard against them.
As you have read right here we’ve been sounding the alarm for years.
- Boom—Your Life Changes
- EMP Threat: Be Prepared
- EMP Technology in the Hands of Terrorists
- EMP Attack: When the Lights go Out
- SCADA Vulnerable to Cyber Attack and EMPs
- Is Your Data Protected from EMP?
- Nukes, EMPs, and Asia
- EMP Threat: Cuba Ships North Korea Missile Components: Is a SCUD in a Bucket Next?
- Ten Items You Must Stockpile In Case Disaster (say an EMP attack) Strikes #1
- EMP Attack: No Power for Two Years
- VIDEO: EMP – Segment from “33 Minutes”
What can you do today, right now, or this weekend to put your family in a position of strength? Because having experienced days without natural gas ie: no heat on the coldest week this winter, I can tell you daily life as you know it changes quickly when basic services are wiped-out. Fortunately, we had a plan B and holed up where natural gas service was uninterrupted. But I remember how helpless I felt sitting in my car, waiting for National Grid to arrive, and watching them drive away for the night and not knowing when we’d be back online. It’s not a good feeling.
The fact that President Trump has signed an executive order for an EMP threat makes one wonder what they know that you and I don’t. As your Survival Guy, I’m taking action and urge you to do the same. Make no mistake—you will not have time to react. What is your plan A, B, and C? Do you have an evac plan? Do you have water stored and water ready to roll if you need to pull out of town?
This weekend, go to Walmart. Go to your local hardware store and scour our website on EMP prep. Do you have plenty of batteries, duct tape, and is your satellite phone charged? Are your vehicles filled with gas? If they’re still able to run you may need to drive beyond your local 7-Eleven, because the pumps will not work. Perhaps you’ll be lucky enough to drive to safer ground. Do you have cash? You’d better. ATMs will not work, and nothing works faster than cash in any transaction. Forget Apple Pay.
We’ve also spent years writing to you about getting your guns and your training. Everyone in our family has proficiency with a rifle. Yours should too. Just this week the local paper ran this headline:
“Council takes aim at gun bills”
Blue states across the country are coming after your guns. They argue that you don’t need a high-capacity magazine or a military style rifle. They have no clue that most handguns today would be considered high capacity and military style. And the vast majority are semi-automatic. It does not make them more dangerous. The Founders didn’t give us the Second Amendment to go hunting by the way.
Now is the time to do the important work of getting your family prepared for all types of threats, including EMP and an encroaching government because it will not get easier “down the road.” Imagine the information you and I are not getting, and quickly one understands the importance of taking this executive order with grave concern.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- You Need to Be Vigilant About Protecting Your Money - January 28, 2020
- Today’s Suburban Female Voter: “You Ain’t Takin’ My Guns.” - January 28, 2020
- Alaskan Native Sees Right Through Goldman Sachs’ Righteous PR Stunt - January 27, 2020
- The Top Question in High Tax States: “Where Are You Going?” - January 27, 2020
- Your Survival Guy: The Koch Brothers’ Real Estate Empire - January 24, 2020