Even when called on to work together, Democrats sat on their hands during President Trump’s first State of the Union address. Despite a speech that at many times transcended partisanship, cheering on great American themes, Democrats seemed determined not to applaud during the president’s speech. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi was most noticeably annoyed during the speech. No matter what the president said, she seemed unable or unwilling to stand and applaud American ideals.
The Democrats’ grumpy behavior was mirrored on their sympathetic cable news networks, with pundits like Chris Matthews and Martha Raddatz branding the speech “very ugly,” and “gloomy,” respectively, despite the optimistic tone of most of the address.
Americans, and even some news commentators took notice of the Democrats’ sour looks. Chris Cuomo, a CNN talking head said of Nancy Pelosi’s demeanor during the speech “I’ve never seen Nancy Pelosi’s face look like that.”
The few times Democrats did cheer, were unfortunately in support of the times the President suggested spending more money. No amount of government spending will make Democrats happy. Imagine Congressmen and Senators cheering on a theme of “Make Government Small Again.”
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Locking In a Generational Opportunity in Fixed Income - November 30, 2023
- RIP Charlie Munger: Keeping It Simple Never Goes out of Style - November 30, 2023
- Explosion in Gun Ownership Creates Difficulties for Progressives - November 30, 2023
- It’s California vs. Florida in the Big State Debate - November 29, 2023
- Shiffrin Brings It Home with World Cup Win at Killington - November 29, 2023