Violence in the emergency room is a growing problem. If you’ve been to an emergency room recently, you know it’s an unpleasant experience—never mind why you’re there. It’s brutal and should be avoided at all costs because so many are using it as their first stop in seeking care. Here the liberal Boston Globe explains:
Angry and distraught patients and family members have scratched, spit at, bitten, hit, and stabbed doctors and nurses working in hospital emergency rooms. One Massachusetts caregiver was so badly cut in an assault that she required eight hours of life-saving surgery. Nearly everyone has a story.
A new survey of more than 3,500 emergency physicians across the United States released Tuesday suggests this type of violence against hospital emergency room staff is growing worse. Assaults against nurses have been well-documented, but this is one of the largest surveys of physicians.
Read more here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Warren Miller: If You Don’t Do It This Year, You’ll Be… - January 30, 2023
- Your Investment Focus Is the Foundation for Success - January 30, 2023
- CATO: Global Freedom Is in Sharp Decline - January 27, 2023
- TIME FOR A GONDOLA? Little Cottonwood Canyon Jammed with Traffic - January 27, 2023
- Biden Administration Destroying Retiree Fiduciary Protections - January 27, 2023