Violence in the emergency room is a growing problem. If you’ve been to an emergency room recently, you know it’s an unpleasant experience—never mind why you’re there. It’s brutal and should be avoided at all costs because so many are using it as their first stop in seeking care. Here the liberal Boston Globe explains:
Angry and distraught patients and family members have scratched, spit at, bitten, hit, and stabbed doctors and nurses working in hospital emergency rooms. One Massachusetts caregiver was so badly cut in an assault that she required eight hours of life-saving surgery. Nearly everyone has a story.
A new survey of more than 3,500 emergency physicians across the United States released Tuesday suggests this type of violence against hospital emergency room staff is growing worse. Assaults against nurses have been well-documented, but this is one of the largest surveys of physicians.
Read more here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Stop America’s Zombie Apocalypse before It Starts - December 1, 2023
- Survive and Thrive November 2023: A Word or Two about Your Survival Guy’s Money - December 1, 2023
- Small Government Just Works - December 1, 2023
- Locking In a Generational Opportunity in Fixed Income - November 30, 2023
- RIP Charlie Munger: Keeping It Simple Never Goes out of Style - November 30, 2023