What can be done when enemies embed their critical infrastructure in civilian areas to use the bystanders as human shields? The U.S. Air Force has a plan, the CHAMP.
The CHAMP is a microwave weapon that knocks out electronic warfare systems while doing no damage to nearby buildings or people. Now, reports the Daily Mail, the Air Force has deployed 20 of the missiles. They write:
- Known as the Counter-Electronics High Power Microwave Advanced Missile Project (CHAMP), the missiles were built by Boeing’s Phantom Works for the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory
- The microwave weapons can be launched into enemy airspace at low altitude and emit sharp pulses of high power microwave energy that disable any electronic devices targeted
- Mary Lou Robinson, the chief of the High Power Microwave Division of the Air Force Research Lab has confirmed to DailyMail.com that the missiles are now operational and ready to take out any target
- While North Korea or Iran may attempt to shield their equipment, U.S. officials doubt that would be effective against CHAMP.
- The project has been advancing secretly ever since the Air Force successfully tested a missile equipped with high-powered microwave energy in 2012
The U.S. Air Force has deployed at least 20 missiles that could zap the military electronics of North Korea or Iran with high-power microwaves, rendering their military capabilities virtually useless without causing any fatalities, DailyMail.com has learned exclusively.
Known as the Counter-Electronics High Power Microwave Advanced Missile Project (CHAMP), the missiles were built by Boeing’s Phantom Works for the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory and tested successfully in 2012. They have not been operation until now.
The microwave weapons are fitted into an air-launched cruise missile and delivered from B-52 bombers. With a range of 700 miles, they can fly into enemy airspace at low altitude and emit sharp pulses of high power microwave (HPM) energy that fry computer chips, disabling any electronic devices targeted by the missiles with causing any collateral damage.
Read more here.
Learn more about the CHAMP here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Your Retirement Life: Thank You EJ from Kodiak, Alaska (Part II) - October 18, 2019
- Trump Makes America Great in Dallas - October 18, 2019
- Northeast Bomb Cyclone Lashing New England - October 17, 2019
- Boston Pulls $248 Million from Fisher Investments - October 17, 2019
- Deep State Fears: Taibbi “We’re in a Permanent Coup” - October 16, 2019