Ninety alleged murderers have been released thanks to “bail reform” measures in Chicago. The Daily Mail reports:
Ninety people accused of murder are free on electronic monitoring ankles in Chicago thanks to woke bail reforms that have put scores of violent criminals back on the streets.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart revealed the numbers to CBS on Monday, along with his fears that it is making communities significantly less safe.
Dart said that in his county alone, 90 people accused of murder are free along with 40 people charged with attempted murder and 852 people charged with aggravated gun possession.
In the year 2021, Chicago Police Department arrested 133 people for a violent crime while they were on electronic monitoring – 1 percent of the total.
Chicago’s top cops – Dart and Chicago PD Chief Superintendent David Brown – say that one percent is too high a rate and that while 99 percent may not have been arrested, it sends the wrong message to criminals.
But Chief Justice Timothy Evans, who imposed the reform in 2017, is refusing to revoke it.
‘A judge cannot hold someone pretrial without a finding that the defendant poses a real and present threat to the physical safety of any person.
‘This must be found by clear and convincing evidence and the burden of proof is on the prosecution.
Action Line: America’s woke mayors, DAs, and even judges, are allowing criminals to walk the streets. You are the first line of defense for your family. If you haven’t done so already, get your gun and your training now.
Read more about America’s soaring crime here:
- Beverly Hills Progressive Panic-Buying Guns as Crime Surges
- CHICAGO DROWNING: Mayor Calls in the Feds to Stop City’s Crime
- BATTLE FOR SEATTLE: Not Enough Police to Fight Crime
- CRIME WAVE: A Top Cop Shouldn’t Have to Ask His City for This
- CRIME CITY: New York Releasing Prisoners Amid Soaring Crime
- DEATH SPIRAL: Crime Soars in Democrats’ #DEFUNDTHEPOLICE Cities
- More Gun Control Equals More Crime in Colorado
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Your Retirement Life: Adventure Awaits - February 3, 2023
- Early Advice from Her Dad on Tipping at Charlie Trotter’s - February 2, 2023
- Treasury Bonds Ready to Rock and Roll - February 2, 2023
- Survive and Thrive February 2023: 4 Life Changing Words: “You Should Try This” - February 1, 2023
- Tom Brady Retires, Again. Should You? - February 1, 2023