Some thoughts as airlines begin stuffing passengers back on planes.
- “When it was time to board the plane,” writes Laurence M. Vance at LewRockwell.com, “no social distancing was practiced by anyone, and neither was there an announcement from American about the need to practice it.”
- Governors go wild and order you to shelter in place unless you’re a protester.
- “What happened? A cure? A miraculous vaccine?” No, writes Ron Paul at LewRockwell.com “The officials who locked Americans up found a cause they felt required Americans in the streets to protest. Police had killed a black man, George Floyd, in their custody in Minneapolis and suddenly the need to protest trumped the need to ‘stay home, save lives.’”
- “Suddenly the same health ‘experts’ who told us we must not gather in crowds or there will be death in the millions from coronavirus issued statements supporting gathering in crowds,” writes Ron Paul. “An open letter on the George Floyd protests signed by more than 1,200 doctors and other health professionals clarified that they ‘do not condemn these gatherings as risky for Covid-19 transmission.’ However, they wrote, ‘this should not be confused with a permissive stance on all gatherings, particularly protests against stay-at-home orders.’”
- In the words of Ron Paul, the “coronavirus shows why we need separation of medicine and state!”
- Note to Gov. Cuomo and Mayor de Blasio: turns out overcrowded public housing is a virus petri dish.
- As universities gear up for the Fall semester, how will dorm life ever be the same again? It won’t be. But that’s not preventing them from opening up at all cost, or else you can kiss business as usual goodbye.
- In Rhode Island the coastal towns are progressive, but you can “live free or die” in places like rural Exeter, for example. There are ways to make a blue state work.
- Anecdotally, when we were skiing in Telluride, Becky and I rented an oxygen machine to help adjust to the altitude and it worked beautifully. I remember sitting on the couch hooked up watching Cuomo begging for the ventilators. Turns out, less invasive oxygen machines are the better option (avoidance of all is best).
- Failures at every turn: Pelosi/Schumer/progressive governors and mayors/union leaders/ etc.
- Lawn signs for Trump: You Want Me or Shotgun Joe?
- Levon 80, Thursday, June 18th 2020, 8:30 ET: A Newport Folk Revival Woodstock, NY
P.S. Tucker Explains: America has gone insane.
The following two tabs change content below.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
E.J. Smith is Founder of YourSurvivalGuy.com, Managing Director at Richard C. Young & Co., Ltd., a Managing Editor of Richardcyoung.com, and Editor-in-Chief of Youngresearch.com. His focus at all times is on preparing clients and readers for “Times Like These.” E.J. graduated from Babson College in Wellesley, Massachusetts, with a B.S. in finance and investments. In 1995, E.J. began his investment career at Fidelity Investments in Boston before joining Richard C. Young & Co., Ltd. in 1998. E.J. has trained at Sig Sauer Academy in Epping, NH. His first drum set was a 5-piece Slingerland with Zilldjians. He grew-up worshiping Neil Peart (RIP) of the band Rush, and loves the song Tom Sawyer—the name of his family’s boat, a Grady-White Canyon 306. He grew up in Mattapoisett, MA, an idyllic small town on the water near Cape Cod. He spends time in Newport, RI and Bartlett, NH—both as far away from Wall Street as one could mentally get. The Newport office is on a quiet, tree lined street not far from the harbor and the log cabin in Bartlett, NH, the “Live Free or Die” state, sits on the edge of the White Mountain National Forest. He enjoys spending time in Key West and Paris. Please get in touch with E.J. at firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- You Know “We’ve Been Lied To” and They Laugh at Us - January 26, 2021
- Valuations Reminiscent of Dot-Com Crash in 2000 - January 26, 2021
- Only You Know How Much Gold You Should Own - January 25, 2021
- Unmasking Heath and Human Services Secretary Nominee Xavier Becerra - January 25, 2021
- Your Personal Safety: Concealed-Carry How to Carry Your Freedom - January 22, 2021