Do you remember how you felt about your portfolio in December? It wasn’t a happy time for stock investors as they watched values crater. Some investors got out of the market all together and felt much better.
But they probably missed this incredible stock market of the first half of 2019. Feeling good about investment decisions is oftentimes not good for your portfolio.
Everyone wants to be a contrarian.
Everyone wants to be the guy that swims against the tide.
The one who chooses her own path.
But when “you know what” hits the fan they look for comfort and sell, sell, sell.
When it comes to investing, that is absolutely a key to success.
But not everyone has the emotional strength to see it through, as witnessed in December.
Those who stuck it out and stayed fully invested have reaped the rewards BIG TIME.
I know I’ve helped clients I work with stick to their plan.
Sometimes getting the lowest fee passive index fund means simply that you saved a few basis points.
But what’s a few basis points if you can’t stay fully invested and then completely miss the boat on a record breaking market?
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- CATO: Global Freedom Is in Sharp Decline - January 27, 2023
- TIME FOR A GONDOLA? Little Cottonwood Canyon Jammed with Traffic - January 27, 2023
- Biden Administration Destroying Retiree Fiduciary Protections - January 27, 2023
- 4 Life Changing Words for Your Survival Guy: “You Should Try This” - January 26, 2023
- Anti-Carbon Crusaders in Davos Talk ESG and OPM - January 25, 2023