There are more jobs available than unemployed workers. Workers of America unite!
Bloomberg reports that job vacancies outnumber unemployed Americans for the first time in decades.
The U.S. labor market has reached another milestone: For the first time in decades, there are more job openings than unemployed Americans who could fill them.
Vacancies rose to a fresh record of 6.7 million in April, according to the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey, or JOLTS, released Tuesday by the Labor Department. More importantly, upward revisions to the prior month made it the first in government data back to 2000 that openings exceeded the number of unemployed. That gap, of 48,000 in March, grew to 352,000 in April and is poised to keep widening, as the number of unemployed has already dropped further in May.
Read more here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- BLUE STATE BLUES: There’s No Way Out of This for Democrats - August 10, 2022
- Joe Manchin Has Broken Multiple Pledges to the American People - August 10, 2022
- HUGE CONGRATULATIONS: Joe Kent BEATS Trump-Impeaching Jaime Herrera Beutler in Oregon Congressional Primary - August 10, 2022
- Your Retirement Life: Let the Slow and Steady Be Your Way of LIFE - August 9, 2022
- Police Widow Blames Soros-Funded DA for Husband’s Death - August 9, 2022