You know the name Eric Carle if you have kids or grandkids. His books were a big part of our book collection when my kids were little. That’s why this article caught my eye. And how moving I found this quote from the article about a book I read out loud a thousand times: The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
Jeffrey Trachtenberg reports on Carle’s view of why The Very Hungry Caterpillar has been such a hit with kids for so many years. He writes:
In a YouTube video released in January, Mr. Carle said it took him a long time to understand why the title has sold so well before he concluded that “children need hope.” Children, he said, see the caterpillar’s metamorphosis into a beautiful butterfly as confirmation that they can achieve their own aspirations.
Some of Carle’s other well-known titles include the Brown Bear series (with Bill Martin Jr.), The Grouchy Ladybug, and From Head to Toe.
Read more here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- RECONSTRUCTION: The Confiscation of All His Property - April 13, 2021
- Inflation? Yes. - April 13, 2021
- FORENSIC REPORT: Major Miscounting in Michigan. NH Next? - April 13, 2021
- Demography Is Destiny: You Will Rise and Stand - April 12, 2021
- Fidelity Investments #1: Hires 4,000 Focuses on YOU - April 12, 2021