Buy of course! As I wrote to you in Parts I, and II the key for you is to be creative and get started: Make the jump from a life of paying “The Man” to one where you pay yourself. A simple concept, yet hard to do.
What did I do when I was your age? I made the monumental change in my own mindset—I became determined to pay myself.
I bought a multi-family, rented the top two floors and lived on the first with two co-workers from Fidelity Investments.
I want you to buy a multi-family type property. It can be a two-family, four-family, you can live in the basement of a brownstone. It doesn’t matter as long as you get in the game. You will unlock the creativity I know you possess. You will beat inertia—a most horrible foe.
And then? Congratulations, you’re an owner!
Imagine how you’ll feel when you open the door for the first time and realize: “Oh, crap now what?”
Yes, you’ll have that unique feeling that all business owners feel.
But, being an owner has a way of focusing one’s mind. It truly is an unexplainable miracle of business—there’s no longer any time to ponder if you should stay or go.
You’re stuck. You’re in.
Deal with it.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- What Can We Learn from Hurricane Season? - September 28, 2022
- FOLLOW THE MONEY: Wealthy Americans Fleeing High Tax States Faster than Others - September 28, 2022
- RIGHT TO WORK: Ford Will Build New Truck in Kentucky - September 28, 2022
- Prices Are Like Adult Kids: You Don’t Have Much Control Over Them - September 27, 2022
- HALF A TRILLION DOLLARS: Student Loan Bailout Will Cost over Twice What Biden Promised - September 27, 2022