All you skiers out there probably know the work of James Niehues but never knew it. He’s the guy who paints the ski mountain images used for the trail maps we all gaze at over hot chocolate at the picnic table in the lodge or on a chairlift (dropped gloves or poles to boot). It wasn’t until Niehues was in his 40s that he realized his success. His book captures the trails we’ve skied or hope to ski someday. Check out his work here.
— SnowBrains (@SnowBrains) October 6, 2021
— Christian Knapp (@christianknapp) January 11, 2018
Keen-eyed skiers and snowboarders likely noticed our brand new trail map this past season. Find out what goes into the making of a map in our latest blog with legendary trail map artist James Niehues.
🎨: @JamesNiehues | 📷: Kelly Funk Photography https://t.co/fcm1BrcttM pic.twitter.com/eoYBIQhg3U
— Sun Peaks Resort (@SunPeaksResort) April 2, 2020
— The Morning News (@TheMorningNews) January 18, 2017
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Warren Miller: If You Don’t Do It This Year, You’ll Be… - January 30, 2023
- Your Investment Focus Is the Foundation for Success - January 30, 2023
- CATO: Global Freedom Is in Sharp Decline - January 27, 2023
- TIME FOR A GONDOLA? Little Cottonwood Canyon Jammed with Traffic - January 27, 2023
- Biden Administration Destroying Retiree Fiduciary Protections - January 27, 2023