In an analysis of new data published by the U.S. Labor Department, the National Right to Work Committee found that states with Right to Work laws had a manufacturing job growth advantage of 2:1 compared to forced unionism states. NRTWC writes:
Last week, the U.S. Labor Department issued updated and revised annual data for payroll manufacturing employment in each of the 50 states.
The newly-published figures for 2018 show that 6.76 million manufacturing jobs — or 53% of all factory jobs across the U.S. — are located in the 27 states that have passed and implemented Right to Work laws making union financial support and membership completely voluntary.
Excluding the three states that adopted and began enforcing bans on forced union dues and fees between 2015 and 2017 (Wisconsin, West Virginia and Kentucky), total manufacturing employment in Right to Work states rose by 425,000, or 7.6%, from 2013 through 2018. In absolute as well as percentage terms, those gains are more than double forced-unionism states’ factory job growth (175,000 and 3.1%).
The six states with the greatest percentage gains in 2013-2018 payroll manufacturing employment (Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Michigan, Nevada and Utah) are all Right to Work. But three of the four states with the greatest percentage manufacturing job losses are forced-unionism.
Read more here.
You can learn more about the benefits of Right to Work in these posts:
- Another Win for the Right to Work
- Dear Amazon: National Right to Work President’s Open Letter
- National Right to Work Could Help States That Can’t Help Themselves
- Right to Work South Carolina is Flooded in Jobs
- Thankful Missouri Citizens Now Have the Right to Work
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Toilet Paper and SPAM: What More You Can Do? - April 16, 2021
- The Three Bubbles Threatening Your Portfolio Today - April 16, 2021
- Crushing Words to Avoid: “We’re Disappointed in You” - April 15, 2021
- Don’t Miss the Boat: Meet Your Money Stewards - April 15, 2021
- Why Service Is King in 1(800)# Teenage Wasteland - April 14, 2021