When will the coast be clear, dear investors? Let’s take a minute and think about that question.
When investors were gobbling up tech shares at the beginning of this century, the crash that followed was brutal. The phrase “this time it’s different,” turned out to be wrong.
Later that decade, the idea that real estate values “would always go up,” also proved to be wrong.
What seems to me to be a better bet is to make sure you have an anchor to windward in full faith and credit Treasuries to help get you through thick and thin.
Action Line: Hope is not a strategy. Look for safety and return of assets and not return on assets. It’s hard to do when most investors can’t handle the steady method of compounding. Let’s talk.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Are Investors Ready to Pounce? - November 27, 2023
- Disney Signals Problems with the ESG Agenda - November 27, 2023
- Biden Gave Americans 10 Years of Inflation in Only 3 - November 27, 2023
- Happy Black Friday - November 24, 2023
- Which Jimmy Buffett Album Is Your Favorite? - November 24, 2023