When will the coast be clear, dear investors? Let’s take a minute and think about that question.
When investors were gobbling up tech shares at the beginning of this century, the crash that followed was brutal. The phrase “this time it’s different,” turned out to be wrong.
Later that decade, the idea that real estate values “would always go up,” also proved to be wrong.
What seems to me to be a better bet is to make sure you have an anchor to windward in full faith and credit Treasuries to help get you through thick and thin.
Action Line: Hope is not a strategy. Look for safety and return of assets and not return on assets. It’s hard to do when most investors can’t handle the steady method of compounding. Let’s talk.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Warren Miller: If You Don’t Do It This Year, You’ll Be… - January 30, 2023
- Your Investment Focus Is the Foundation for Success - January 30, 2023
- CATO: Global Freedom Is in Sharp Decline - January 27, 2023
- TIME FOR A GONDOLA? Little Cottonwood Canyon Jammed with Traffic - January 27, 2023
- Biden Administration Destroying Retiree Fiduciary Protections - January 27, 2023