You know the Vanguard 500 Index thanks to him. And someday, if a Mount Rushmore for investor legends is carved into a mountain side, Jack Bogle will be there front and center.
Mr. Bogle passed away yesterday at the age of 89. He will be remembered for the low cost index fund—an idea he made into reality.
Though he cautioned in recent months about his grave concerns regarding the explosive growth of indexing—perhaps a product also in its twilight—it turned out that offering a sound investment product at a low cost was, and is, a great idea for investors.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- PRIMARIES: Trump Endorsed Candidates’ HUGE Night - May 18, 2022
- All-Powerful Money Managers Voting YOUR Money Targeted by Senate GOP - May 18, 2022
- TUCKER EXPLAINS: Buffalo Shooter was Troubled and People Knew It - May 18, 2022
- Guns and Money: Learn from Ukraine and Get Yours Today - May 18, 2022
- BE VIGILANT: The Rats Are Scurrying in These Rough Markets - May 17, 2022