You know the Vanguard 500 Index thanks to him. And someday, if a Mount Rushmore for investor legends is carved into a mountain side, Jack Bogle will be there front and center.
Mr. Bogle passed away yesterday at the age of 89. He will be remembered for the low cost index fund—an idea he made into reality.
Though he cautioned in recent months about his grave concerns regarding the explosive growth of indexing—perhaps a product also in its twilight—it turned out that offering a sound investment product at a low cost was, and is, a great idea for investors.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- You Need to Be Vigilant About Protecting Your Money - January 28, 2020
- Today’s Suburban Female Voter: “You Ain’t Takin’ My Guns.” - January 28, 2020
- Alaskan Native Sees Right Through Goldman Sachs’ Righteous PR Stunt - January 27, 2020
- The Top Question in High Tax States: “Where Are You Going?” - January 27, 2020
- Your Survival Guy: The Koch Brothers’ Real Estate Empire - January 24, 2020