You know the Vanguard 500 Index thanks to him. And someday, if a Mount Rushmore for investor legends is carved into a mountain side, Jack Bogle will be there front and center.
Mr. Bogle passed away yesterday at the age of 89. He will be remembered for the low cost index fund—an idea he made into reality.
Though he cautioned in recent months about his grave concerns regarding the explosive growth of indexing—perhaps a product also in its twilight—it turned out that offering a sound investment product at a low cost was, and is, a great idea for investors.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- As Our Family Celebrates Babson’s 100th, a Reminder on How to Make Money - August 23, 2019
- Shouldn’t Your Money Be Treated Well? - August 23, 2019
- America’s Workers Want Freedom. Why is Bernie Sanders Trying to Take it Away from Them? - August 23, 2019
- Bernie Sanders’ Big Lie About Standing Up for Workers - August 22, 2019
- 196,000 Millionaires Agree That This Is the Place to Keep Your 401(k) - August 22, 2019