Every year the United Van Lines moving study sheds some light on which states are watching citizens leave, and which are receiving them. Last year, like many years, saw Americans fleeing the high tax states of New York, Illinois, New Jersey and Connecticut, the top four states for outbound traffic.
After leaving those high tax states, Americans are heading for places they can retire with low taxes, or get a job. The top five states for inbound traffic were Vermont, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, and Arizona.
The map below from United Van Lines details Americans’ movements in 2018.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Survive and Thrive June: Your Survival Guy’s Home (and Money) Protection Plan - June 1, 2020
- You Need to Seek Some Shelter for When Things Get Ugly - June 1, 2020
- Cowards Loot, You Fight - May 29, 2020
- Dave Brubeck Trio with Gerry Mulligan & Paul Desmond - May 29, 2020
- The Undisputed King of Home Defense Ammo - May 29, 2020