Every year the United Van Lines moving study sheds some light on which states are watching citizens leave, and which are receiving them. Last year, like many years, saw Americans fleeing the high tax states of New York, Illinois, New Jersey and Connecticut, the top four states for outbound traffic.
After leaving those high tax states, Americans are heading for places they can retire with low taxes, or get a job. The top five states for inbound traffic were Vermont, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, and Arizona.
The map below from United Van Lines details Americans’ movements in 2018.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Want to Buy A Condo in China? Are You Kidding? - September 21, 2021
- You Won’t Believe How Tame the Dot Com Bubble Looks - September 20, 2021
- What It Takes to Be like Tom Brady - September 20, 2021
- Time to Get Your Lazy Cash Off the Couch - September 17, 2021
- Breaking News: October RAGE Gauge and Market Corrections - September 17, 2021