Every year the United Van Lines moving study sheds some light on which states are watching citizens leave, and which are receiving them. Last year, like many years, saw Americans fleeing the high tax states of New York, Illinois, New Jersey and Connecticut, the top four states for outbound traffic.
After leaving those high tax states, Americans are heading for places they can retire with low taxes, or get a job. The top five states for inbound traffic were Vermont, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, and Arizona.
The map below from United Van Lines details Americans’ movements in 2018.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Kick-Start Your Weekend with Boston’s: Don’t Look Back - September 20, 2019
- The Fed is Clueless - September 20, 2019
- The Rich and Famous: How to Invest Like Jay Leno - September 19, 2019
- Tucker Carlson Is the Most Important Voice in America - September 19, 2019
- This is Why Vanguard is Too Big - September 18, 2019