Every year the United Van Lines moving study sheds some light on which states are watching citizens leave, and which are receiving them. Last year, like many years, saw Americans fleeing the high tax states of New York, Illinois, New Jersey and Connecticut, the top four states for outbound traffic.
After leaving those high tax states, Americans are heading for places they can retire with low taxes, or get a job. The top five states for inbound traffic were Vermont, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, and Arizona.
The map below from United Van Lines details Americans’ movements in 2018.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Demography Is Destiny: You Will Rise and Stand - April 12, 2021
- Fidelity Investments #1: Hires 4,000 Focuses on YOU - April 12, 2021
- Be Dangerous: Biden’s Progressive Puppeteers’ E.O. Gun Grab - April 9, 2021
- It’s as Simple as 4%? No, Not Anymore - April 9, 2021
- One Word Explains the Worth of Your Neighbors’ House - April 8, 2021