OK, the power’s out at Your Survival Guy’s house this morning as a Nor’easter rips through the region. Here’s the marine forecast if you’re interested:
427 am EDT WED OCT 27 2021. Storm Warning in effect through this afternoon. Today N winds 30 to 35 kt with gusts up to 55 kt. Seas 8 to 11 ft. Rain this morning then showers this afternoon. Patchy fog this morning with visibility 1 to 3 NM.
Not your ideal boating weather.
As I write to you this morning from my kitchen island, I’m running minimal lights to go easy on my generator. It’s running, but I don’t want to jinx anything. If you want a shakedown cruise on your situational preparedness, keep your lights off tomorrow morning while it’s still dark, and imagine how you’d do off-grid for a little bit. It definitely focuses the mind.
Action Line: Bad stuff happens fast. Rise to your level of preparedness.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- If You’re a Highly Effective Person, We Should Talk - March 24, 2023
- What’s Happening to Charles Schwab? - March 24, 2023
- Prepare for the Predictable - March 24, 2023
- Is Vanguard Voting Against Your Political Beliefs? - March 23, 2023
- Call It the Difference between Normal and Crazy - March 23, 2023