OK, the power’s out at Your Survival Guy’s house this morning as a Nor’easter rips through the region. Here’s the marine forecast if you’re interested:
427 am EDT WED OCT 27 2021. Storm Warning in effect through this afternoon. Today N winds 30 to 35 kt with gusts up to 55 kt. Seas 8 to 11 ft. Rain this morning then showers this afternoon. Patchy fog this morning with visibility 1 to 3 NM.
Not your ideal boating weather.
As I write to you this morning from my kitchen island, I’m running minimal lights to go easy on my generator. It’s running, but I don’t want to jinx anything. If you want a shakedown cruise on your situational preparedness, keep your lights off tomorrow morning while it’s still dark, and imagine how you’d do off-grid for a little bit. It definitely focuses the mind.
Action Line: Bad stuff happens fast. Rise to your level of preparedness.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Your Best State on Guns, Plus the 8th Wonder of the World - December 3, 2021
- VACCINATE THE WORLD? Biden’s COVID Plan - December 3, 2021
- Correction: New Hampshire’s 4,000 Footers - December 3, 2021
- Dreaming of Bitcoin in Your Stocking this Christmas Season? - December 2, 2021
- ENOUGH IS ENOUGH: Record Number of Police Shot This Year - December 2, 2021