Do you know what career risk means? Of course, you do. It means you could lose your job. Well, in the investment world of pensions, mutual funds, and ETFs, career risk means you might lose your job if you underperform an index. That’s why so many pensions, foundations, and the like are piling into the Jabba the Hutt funds, like Vanguard’s Total Stock Market Index. If they lose a pile of money, at least they can say, “Hey, so did everyone else. We performed just like the market did”.
You’ve read here, here, here, here, and here about my concerns with Vanguard being too big. That goes for all the other big guys, especially king of the AUM hill, BlackRock where “you invest, they win.”
Action Line: Make sure you’re aligned with an investment counsel who is worried more about keeping you solvent than keeping themselves employed. An investment counsel should help you beat inertia to protect your family’s wealth, like I do each month in my Survive & Thrive newsletter. Click here to sign up if you’re serious about protecting your family’s future.
Read more about Why Vanguard is Too Big here.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Exclusive! Survive and Thrive: Election 2020 Edition: Stock Market is Predicting a Trump Win - October 30, 2020
- Let’s Take a Vote: America Needs to be Open for Business - October 30, 2020
- Why You Should Listen to These Wise Men in Times Like These - October 30, 2020
- Stock Market is Predicting a Trump Win - October 29, 2020
- Why I Work for You, and Not the Other Way Around - October 29, 2020