“Inflation is killing me,” he said.
“No, it’s not,” I said. “You have income coming into your account, a sizable portfolio, and yes, maybe asset prices are off, but the cash flow is solid.”
The cost of everything has been up, but now deflation is certainly a risk to consider. What we worry about today often doesn’t come true tomorrow or the next day or year. May we all live long enough to be eaten alive by inflation. You’re still able to put food on the table.
The key is to have a plan and stick to it. To look at your overall portfolio yield and how it did through some rough times.
I know not everyone is going to like this message. Oh well. I’m Your Survival Guy, not Mr. Rogers.
Action Line: When you’re ready to build a plan and stick to it, let’s talk.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Wellesley Fund: “Balanced Investing Is Dead” (Please Stop) - December 8, 2023
- Do You Have a Plan to Protect Your Personal Data? - December 8, 2023
- DIRTY JOBS: America Needs Mining Engineers - December 8, 2023
- Investing Habits of the Fairly Wealthy: #2 Coach - December 7, 2023
- Have All of New Jersey’s Workers Already Moved to Florida? - December 7, 2023