At what turned into a disastrous CNN Townhall for Joe Biden last night, he was asked by a restaurant owner how his administration is incentivizing people to get back to work. The obvious implication was, with all the extra unemployment benefits and stimulus being handed out like candy by the Treasury, why would anyone go back to productive employment?
Rather than even attempt to explain efforts by the administration to put people back to work, Biden arrogantly blamed the restaurant owner for not paying enough. As though there’s an unlimited pot of money owners can tap into to pay whatever employees demand.
Anyone who has run a business knows that if you pay employees more, you have to charge customers more. With Bidenomics-era inflation hammering food prices, restaurants are already having trouble passing on higher prices to diners. If they raise prices to pay labor more, it’ll break the bank.
Watch the clip below as Biden stumbles his way through blaming this restaurant owner for problems created by the administration.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Locking In a Generational Opportunity in Fixed Income - November 30, 2023
- RIP Charlie Munger: Keeping It Simple Never Goes out of Style - November 30, 2023
- Explosion in Gun Ownership Creates Difficulties for Progressives - November 30, 2023
- It’s California vs. Florida in the Big State Debate - November 29, 2023
- Shiffrin Brings It Home with World Cup Win at Killington - November 29, 2023