With tax reform working its way through the meat grinder, it appears that where you live will continue to impact your financial situation. It’s yet another indication that blue states, havens of liberal largesse, will leave their taxpayers footing the bill.
As with any tax reform, politicians tell us there will be “tough” decisions. The individual deduction for state and local taxes is on the chopping block. If this is true, it will become increasingly more painful for residents of high tax states such as Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, Illinois, and California to name a few.
As a result, a shrinking pool of residents who stick around to foot a growing tax bill, will be a trend that will continue in blue states and one you may wish to avoid. It may be time to pack your bags.
Check out the Liberty & Freedom map for guidance on your future. And for a quick look at the states with the highest individual tax rates, see the map below from The Tax Foundation.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Lazy Cash Wandering Docks at Newport Boat Show - September 23, 2021
- Highest Ever Spike in Murders as Democrats Unleashed Mayhem in 2020 - September 23, 2021
- Rolling Stones Pay Emotional Tribute to Charlie Watts - September 23, 2021
- This Chart Belongs on Your Fridge and More… - September 22, 2021
- Want to Buy A Condo in China? Are You Kidding? - September 21, 2021