If you didn’t lose your patience and held your bonds over the last year, then you know it was a perfect example for why you own them. Case in point, Vanguard GNMA ended the last 52-weeks up 4.46% and its recent 30-day SEC yield was 3.06%. The catalyst for much of the recent gains? The midterms and the Fed—socialists storming the castle, and pathetically lower rates. Whether you own treasuries, agencies and/or corporates, avoid the temptations of predictions or your gut. Because you just might end up being wrong.
My April Rage Gauge has backed-off from last month, making it a perfect time to remember how you felt about your stocks at the end of last year and to adjust accordingly.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- America Has a Problem, and Calvin Coolidge Predicted it Back in 1925 - May 21, 2019
- Driving into Gun Hell without Your Survival Pistol of Choice - May 20, 2019
- Social Security Scams - May 20, 2019
- CHAMP: The Microwave Bomb that can Win a Battle With No Casualties - May 17, 2019
- Yay, Yay Claude Monet, Part II - May 17, 2019