If you didn’t lose your patience and held your bonds over the last year, then you know it was a perfect example for why you own them. Case in point, Vanguard GNMA ended the last 52-weeks up 4.46% and its recent 30-day SEC yield was 3.06%. The catalyst for much of the recent gains? The midterms and the Fed—socialists storming the castle, and pathetically lower rates. Whether you own treasuries, agencies and/or corporates, avoid the temptations of predictions or your gut. Because you just might end up being wrong.
My April Rage Gauge has backed-off from last month, making it a perfect time to remember how you felt about your stocks at the end of last year and to adjust accordingly.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Your Retirement Life: Bankrupt in Two Weeks - June 3, 2020
- Police: When it’s Not Worth the Risk to Serve and to Protect - June 3, 2020
- America’s Bravest Protect Our Cities, Blue State Politicians Let ‘em Burn - June 2, 2020
- Survive and Thrive June: Your Survival Guy’s Home (and Money) Protection Plan - June 1, 2020
- You Need to Seek Some Shelter for When Things Get Ugly - June 1, 2020