On April 28 Donald Trump became the first president to address the NRA’s annual Leadership Forum since Ronald Reagan. There wasn’t a lot of gun policy talk in the speech, but Trump’s campaign made note of one particular issue that America needs to address: the reciprocity of concealed carry permits. In a campaign document Trump stated:
NATIONAL RIGHT TO CARRY. The right of self-defense doesn’t stop at the end of your driveway. That’s why I have a concealed carry permit and why tens of millions of Americans do too. That permit should be valid in all 50 states. A driver’s license works in every state, so it’s common sense that a concealed carry permit should work in every state. If we can do that for driving – which is a privilege, not a right – then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege.
Trump renewed his pledge to always stand by the members of the NRA. Pushing for right to carry reform would be the best way forward.
President Trump Gives Remarks at the National Rifle Association Leadership Forum
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- A President Speaks: “Hard Work Never Killed Anybody” - January 20, 2021
- I’ve Been in Richard Young’s Maximizers for Years - January 20, 2021
- Smith Family Robinson in Live Free or Die, NH - January 19, 2021
- Are $2,000 Checks Going to Rebuild NYC? - January 15, 2021
- The Fed is Sacrificing Retirees to Save the Banks - January 15, 2021