You Survival Guy made a not-so-insignificant six-figure investment this morning in a mix of stocks and bonds. It’s a balanced approach, with roughly one-third stocks and two-thirds bonds yielding close to four percent. This is the type of mix I like for my retired clients, and for me, at age 50, it’s time to have more bonds in my portfolio, and this accomplishes that. The other motivation is you need to strike. You must take action when opportunities are right in front of you. Don’t fall victim to inertia.
Whenever I have a large pile of cash to deploy, my first question is, “What can I sink my teeth into?” You know I like these yields right now. I want to be paid to be in this market. I’ll let the prices do what they do. I don’t get too excited about quick starts to the year by stocks. I know this is a lifelong race.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Investing Habits of the Fairly Wealthy: #10 Powerball - September 29, 2023
- Your Survival Guy: “Life on Main Street Hasn’t Been This Hard in a While” - September 29, 2023
- Your Retirement Life: Striped Bass Fishing off Block Island - September 29, 2023
- “Then One Day the Grandfather was Gone” - September 28, 2023
- How Joe Biden Raised Oil Prices - September 28, 2023