You heard the silent majority speaking loud and clear in November’s presidential election, and now the results are in. For the first time in 3-years there was a decline in year-over-year background checks for pistols—a barometer for sales—and a 29% decline from the same month last year. Isn’t it amazing what a president can do to the psyche of a nation?
But a populist in the White House won’t be cheap and that’s reflected in the 5% surge last month in gold prices as the market anticipates higher inflation down the road. How much higher? Populism can be expensive.
Continue to invest with caution. Even in a best case scenario the new administration begins with stocks close to nosebleed prices (see chart below). Remember this will be a polar night for many investors. Don’t let the lights go out on your portfolio.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Rome, Paris, U.S.A.: Global Crisis in Confidence - June 2, 2023
- Your Survival Guy’s Best Insider’s Guide to Rome - June 2, 2023
- What Is a Fiduciary Duty? Are You Working with a Fiduciary? - June 2, 2023
- Survive and Thrive June 2023: Your Survival Guy in Rome 30-Years A.B. (After Babson) - June 1, 2023
- Birth Rates in France Worst Since Post-WWII Era - June 1, 2023