In a somewhat terrifying interview with Newsmax Now host John Bachman, former CIA director James Woolsey raises the prospect that North Korea has put an EMP weapon in orbit, or could do so. Woolsey says America must be in a position to shoot down a satellite. Watch the interview here.
The threat of an EMP attack is serious. Such an attack on the United States could be devastating, as found by the Congressional commission set up to examine such an event. A burst with enough power from a high enough altitude could have effects on almost the entire contiguous 48 states, not to mention Canada and Mexico. Take a look at the map below based on testimony by Gary Smith given to the House National Security Committee.
How close is North Korea to having the capability to launch such an attack? Or does it possess that ability already? In any case, it pays to be prepared with the essentials, especially water.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Investing Habits of the Fairly Wealthy: #10 Powerball - September 29, 2023
- Your Survival Guy: “Life on Main Street Hasn’t Been This Hard in a While” - September 29, 2023
- Your Retirement Life: Striped Bass Fishing off Block Island - September 29, 2023
- “Then One Day the Grandfather was Gone” - September 28, 2023
- How Joe Biden Raised Oil Prices - September 28, 2023