In a somewhat terrifying interview with Newsmax Now host John Bachman, former CIA director James Woolsey raises the prospect that North Korea has put an EMP weapon in orbit, or could do so. Woolsey says America must be in a position to shoot down a satellite. Watch the interview here.
The threat of an EMP attack is serious. Such an attack on the United States could be devastating, as found by the Congressional commission set up to examine such an event. A burst with enough power from a high enough altitude could have effects on almost the entire contiguous 48 states, not to mention Canada and Mexico. Take a look at the map below based on testimony by Gary Smith given to the House National Security Committee.
How close is North Korea to having the capability to launch such an attack? Or does it possess that ability already? In any case, it pays to be prepared with the essentials, especially water.
E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Get Ready: Your Survival Guy’s Guide to the Second Wave - May 28, 2020
- Big Government Politics on the Shores of Newport and Beyond - May 27, 2020
- American Businesses Show the Way Forward Where Blue-State Politicians Fail - May 26, 2020
- Memorial Day Remembrance - May 25, 2020
- Words of Wisdom from Matunuck Oyster Bar’s Perry Raso - May 22, 2020